Strictly 2015: red carpet
Former contestant Alison Hammond treated fans to a glistening BBC Red Button walk along the Strictly Come Dancing Red Carpet with professionals, judges and contestants alike.
Here’s what she found out…
- Peter Andre thinks Alison Hammond ‘is Strictly’.
- Carol Kirkwood‘s forecast for Strictly is ‘very sunny, very bright and [with] some lively conditions ahead’
- The BBC weather presenter has her eye on Aljaž – Alison’s partner last year.
- Jamelia doesn’t think she will deal well with Craig – it’s very different being on the ‘other end of a panel’. Yes, and being on a show that people actually watch.
- But she is here to enjoy herself and her little daughters are already impressed.
- Jeremy Vine has decided to embrace the spirit of the show.
- Tess Daly wonders where the last nine months went. As do I, feels like only yesterday I was doing this before series 12.
- Claudia Winkleman sometimes stares at the professional dancers in awe.
- And wants to eat Tess’s hair.
- The cast are ‘gorgeous’. I mean, they are but I doubt Tess was going to go ‘oh they are an ugly looking bunch!’
- Ainsley Harriott hid Skittles in some shoes.
- We saw this one: Ainsley nearly knocked an unassuming Daniel O’Donnell over. He must be watched.
- Radio’s Katie Derham is looking forward to meeting the band.
- Athlete Iwan Thomas is going by the ‘when it’s going to crap, take off the clothes’ mantra.
- New professional Gleb Savchenko has been competing for 25 years, although he looks oddly young.
- New female Oti Mabuse has a great laugh with fellow pro and Strictly veteran Anton Du Beke.
- The last of the trio Giovanni Pernice cannot lose. Fighting spirit. I like it.
- Presenters Anita Rani and Kirsty Gallagher are having the time of their lives already.
- Anita sees the Strictly world as divided: ‘the gods and the mortals’. Nice to see some recognition for the professionals so early on in the series. They are fabulous.
- Jay McGuiness wants bigger hair and has hips of wood.
- Anthony Ogogo – boxer – has never danced before.
- But he wants that glitterball.
- Craig Revel Horwood does not intend to give any 10’s all series. Probably because of the fla(c)k he took last year.
- According to Len Goodman, Alison should be ‘on it like a bonnet’
- The tighter the top, the better for Iwan.
- Helen George is glad to be out of the Call The Midwife uniform and into the sequins.
- She wants Anton as a partner.
- Alison was Kellie Bright‘s favourite last year. Kellie is carrying the flag for EastEnders this year.
- Her mum and dad like Kevin Clifton as their pick of the professionals.
- STRICTLY. IS. BACK.
BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing returns for 2015 with the series 13 launch show on Saturday 5 September (7.15pm) with live shows commencing on Friday 25 and Saturday 26 September.
The celebrity cast list can be found here.
Posted on September 3, 2015, in Strictly Come Dancing and tagged Ainsley Harriott, Aliona Vilani, Aljaž Skorjanec, Anita Rani, Anthony Ogogo, Anton du Beke, Brendan Cole, Carol Kirkwood, Daniel O'Donnell, Georgia May Foote, Giovanni Pernice, Gleb Savchenko, Helen George, Iwan Thomas, Jamelia, Janette Manrara, Jay McGuiness, Jeremy Vine, Joanne Clifton, karen hauer, Katie Derham, Kellie Bright, Kevin Clifton, Kirsty Gallagher, Kristina Rihanoff, Natalie Lowe, Ola Jordan, Otlile Mabuse, Pasha Kovalev, Peter Andre, Tristan MacManus. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.