Strictly 2015: contestants revealed
The 13th series of Strictly Come Dancing returns to the BBC this month – with the launch show airing 7.15pm Saturday 5 September.
Live shows will commence with a two-parter at the end of the month, on the 25 and 26, with It Takes Two returning on the following Monday.
Below is the full line-up of celebrities for the upcoming series as well as how they were slowly revealed. Follow the tweeters here as well as the professional dancers. As ever, more information on all the contestants can be found on the BBC blog.
- Presenter Jeremy Vine (Radio 1 reveal)
- Chef Ainsley Harriott (The One Show reveal)
- EastEnders actress Kellie Bright (Twitter reveal)
- Ex-Corrie actress Georgia May Foote (BBC Breakfast reveal)
- Radio presenter Katie Derham (Twitter reveal…by The Guardian)
- BBC weather presenter Carol Kirkwood (BBC Breakfast)
- Singer Peter Andre (Accidental blog post and then twitter two days later reveal)
- Irish sensation Daniel O’Donnell (Radio 2 reveal)
- Boxer Anthony Ogogo (Twitter reveal)
- The Wanted’s Jay McGuiness (Radio 1 reveal)
- Countryfile presenter Anita Rani (The One Show reveal)
- Loose Woman and singer Jamelia (Twitter reveal)
- Call The Midwife star Helen George (revealed at the Edinburgh Fringe by BBC One Controller Charlotte Moore)
- Athlete Iwan Thomas (The One Show reveal)
- TV presenter Kirsty Gallacher (The One Show reveal)
Although there are 16 professional dancers in the line-up this year, there will only be 15 celebrities. Joanne Clifton will be the partnerless one as she joins the It Takes Two team and will only participate in group dances for the live shows. The spin-off show itself has been given an overhaul ahead of the September start and will now have a live Friday night hour-long episode. Zoe Ball will still head up the show with Karen Hardy, Ian Waite and Robin Windsor all in regular slots.
Posted on August 10, 2015, in Strictly Come Dancing and tagged Ainsley Harriott, Aliona Vilani, Aljaž Skorjanec, Anita Rani, Anthony Ogogo, Anton du Beke, Brendan Cole, Carol Kirkwood, Daniel O'Donnell, Georgia May Foote, Giovanni Pernice, Gleb Savchenko, Helen George, Iwan Thomas, Jamelia, Janette Manrara, Jay McGuiness, Jeremy Vine, Joanne Clifton, karen hauer, Katie Derham, Kellie Bright, Kevin Clifton, Kirsty Gallacher, Kristina Rihanoff, Natalie Lowe, Ola Jordan, Otlile Mabuse, Pasha Kovalev, Peter Andre, Tristan MacManus. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.